Ghost Pepper Sauce
This is an excellent way to use a harvest of ghost peppers, which are abundant. The smell of this sauce when cooking is extraordinary, though I would recommend cooking it outdoors on a portable burner.
This recipe scales well, and you'll likely have far more than six peppers if you have even one plant.
- 1T Olive Oil
- 6 bhut jolokia peppers, destemmed and chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2t red wine vinegar
- 1t salt
- 0.5C water
- Heat oil in pan on medium high and add peppers and onions. Allow onions to brown while stirring, about 5min
- Add tomatoes and stir, then turn down heat to low allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add vinegar, salt, and water. Turn up heat if needed to bring to a simmer, then turn down heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- Transfer contents to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Transfer to a container, seal, and refrigerate.