- 340g Baby Bella Mushrooms (may be substituted freely)
- 265g fresh or canned tomatoes
- 200g onion, cut in pieces
- 16g garlic cloves
- 42g unsalted cashews
- 1g turmeric powder
- 0.2g ghost pepper powder
- 0.68g cayenne pepper powder
- 2.37g cumin powder
- 1.64g garam masala powder
- 6g salt (may need to add salt later, but this is a safe amount)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Wash mushrooms. chop into bite size pieces, fairly large (they cook down)
- In a blender, blend cashews and 2T water to make a smooth paste.
- In the same blender or food processor jar, blend onion, garlic, and tomatoes into a puree.
- Transfer puree to large iron pot.
- Add all spices to pot, mix well.
- Add mushrooms to pot, mix well.
- Bring to simmer, reduce to low temperature cover.
- Allow to cook for about an hour, stirring every ten minutes. Mushrooms should be softened and reduced in size.
May be garnished with cilantro.