SpaceBeans Gemini Server
This is an experimental server for the Gemini protocol, and it is serving this capsule!
Latest release: SpaceBeans 1.3.0 (2021-09-01)
See what's new!
It is built using Scala and Akka Streams. The name tries to link Gemini's theme with the fact that the server runs on the Java Virtual Machine.
Some of the SpaceBeans features:
- Static files, including optional directory listings
- IPv4 and IPv6
- Configurable MIME types, or a built-in resolver
- Virtual hosting, with SNI support
- User directories support
- Classic CGI scripts
- User provided certificates or auto-generated in memory (for development)
- Configurable SSL engine (e.g. TLSv1.2 and/or TLSv1.3), with configurable ciphers
How to run it
Install the Java Runtime Environment 8 (or later) and download the jar distribution file from:
You can run the service with:
Check this example configuration file:
Development and further information
Please visit the project's GitLab page:
Copyright (C) 2021 Juan J. Martinez <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This software is distributed under MIT license, unless stated otherwise.